Friday, July 18, 2014

Blank Space


Hey, look at me, I was a drunk in a blank space
and then the space was filling up with things.
Suddenly I looked around me and noticed my surroundings
Were filled with ghosts, monsters, hipsters and disease.

  And even when the flashlight's working
the darkness seemed to have a plan.
 The gallery decided that blindness was the way to go
but as for me I guess I'm not a fan.

Because you're not a demon and I'm not a bottle,
we're just shadows at our 8th grade dance.
When life moves us farther from
what we thought we could become
then we never really give ourselves a chance...

 To consider,
That maybe,
our minds are filled with vicious lies
and black clouds that we put above our heads are there 
to distract us from the beauty of the sky.

-SB
7/18/2014

No comments:

Post a Comment