Tuesday, May 27, 2014

A Moment on the Beach


Sitting on the beach at midday. The water is too cold to swim and the buildings behind me tower above in a wall of intentionally overwhelming beauty.

The people that pass by don't say hello. They don't nod. They keep their minds on their own affairs, both for their own saftey and their ability to achieve whatever it is this day's activities demand of them.

If they were to wander too far into the landscape or the affairs of those around them,
it would be too much. All would be lost.

And here I sit, swyping every word, choosing carefully, trying to capture a moment that may otherwise be lost. Should I stay here and type? Should I concern myself with the task of recording a moment at the risk of missing one myself? Or should I put the phone away? Should I...

SB
5/27

No comments:

Post a Comment